Quinta do Espinho occupies 20 hectares over the mouth of the river Távora with the left bank of the river Douro, the centre of wine growing in the Douro valley.
Its logistic and strategic situation is exceptional, in terms of accessibility and, above all, in the enormous wine-growing, landscape and environmental potential of the productions it dedicates itself to.
All our wines are produced, elaborated and vinified with selected grapes, which allows us to guarantee high quality Quinta wines because the whole cycle, from the selection of the vines to the vinification, is internally controlled.
know our vineyards
Included in the demarcation of the vineyard that was made in 1757, according to the model designed for the Douro by the Marquis of Pombal, Quinta do Espinho is now owned by the brothers Joaquim and Alberto, from the Macedo Pinto de Tabuaço family.
Since at least the 17th century, the Macedo Pinto family has been associated with Douro winemaking and the production of shipping wine, as Port Wines were called.