Share:

Red Wine
Trinca Bolotas
2018, 75cl
Alentejo

6
approx. £5.26

 14%

 Good ageing

 Serve at 16º-18º

 Burgundy

 

O Produtor, tasting note published in May 27th 2018

Intense ruby ​​color. Aroma of red live fruit with a floral side given by the Touriga Nacional. In the mouth it is very balanced, with very soft tannins and refreshing acidity that gives it prolongation in the mouth and makes it very gastronomic.

Trinca Bolotas

Limited to existing stock. If the wine you have purchased runs out of stock, we will contact you to suggest a different wine, or to return the amount paid.
Wine promotions cannot be combined with other discounts or coupons. The wine: The Alentejano pig, a Portuguese native species, is the sole survivor of grazing pigs in Europe, walking freely in the montados, where it feeds mainly on acorns. By the way it marks the landscape and preserves the Mediterranean forest of the region, it is Alentejo heritage. It is also a gastronomic treasure, always present in the local cuisine, and an invitation to pleasure. By associating it with this wine, we combine two larger symbols of the Alentejo. Wine year: The wine year came with July and August with temperatures below normal and with high temperatures on 3 and 4 August, which had no consequence in our vineyards of Herdade do Peso. September had the characteristic behavior of the region, which allowed to produce wines with excellent phenolic maturation. Winemaker: Luis Cabral de Almeida. Vinification: Vinified from selected grapes from Alicante Bouschet, Touriga Nacional and Aragonez fields. After maturation studies the grapes were harvested at their optimal point of phenolic / aromatic maturation. After complete deceleration and gentle crushing, a pre-fermentative maceration of 3 to 4 days was carried out to increase aromatic and polyphenolic complexity. Fermentation was continued at 26 ° C with mild rinses preserving the fruit and extracting soft tannins important for the balance of the final wine. Maturation: After malolactic fermentation the wines were aged for 6 months, 70% in stainless steel vats and the remaining 30% in used French oak barrels. It was subjected to a light glue and filtration before bottling.

Allergens information

Contains sulphites.

SKU: 100615

Press the button and you will be directed to this wine's fact sheet

Note: the fact sheet will open on a new browser tab